CC

CC

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Meet One of Zen Carpentry's Great Designers: Rene Reyes



Zen Carpentry/Capital Cooperative has great designers in our circle. We make awesome works of art, and it all starts with our great designers, making great drawings or 3D renderings using various new design programs.

What follows are posts, pictures and info on some of our favorite designers, starting with Rene Reyes.



Meet Rene Reyes:
 "As a builder, I have been doing carpentry and handyman work since I was 13 years old.  I was the Mr. Fix-It for my parent’s retail store. As a designer, I am an artist.  I am an accomplished painter, sculptor, and architect. I have have designed and built homes.  I consider myself a “design engineer”, who is able to visualize and build anything.   I love working with my hands and find it gratifying. 


"I strive to make the world a better place."  

"With Zen Carpentry, I most recently designed and built a major backyard Tree House in the Gramercy Park area of Manhattan. The slide was most difficult part to design around because of the set curve.  The project turned out lovely and the client is very happy how the original designs were brought to life."









Rene is also a great draftsman, using the latest 3-d rendering software. Here are some of the designs he has done for Zen Carpentry.


Here is an early design idea for the treehouse, above:




This was a proposal to Brooklyn Bell (great local ice cream parlor!) The idea was to add faux urban interiors, kind of like Sesame Street, but with a working steel fire-escape staircase and balcony. 





Intricate small staircase for a large 20' loft bed, UWS, NYC. Rene designed and built the staircase.






No comments:

Post a Comment